Commercial electricians or Inside Wireman work on a construction job site or for a company’s service department.
Working in service means responding to customer’s immediate needs for electrical repairs or installations (which means you may be a lone wolf and you get a service van).
Every day can be different.
On Monday they could be inside installing a lighting control system in a high rise building and Tuesday its on to installing conduit (pipe) in a ditch on the outside of the building to bring in power for a transformer.
- Compliant with local, city, state, and national electrical codes;
- Properly reading blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams;
- Gathering appropriate material for daily tasks;
- Installing conduits using a hand, mechanical, or hydraulic bender;
- Install new wire in existing systems or repairing old wiring;
- Providing power and controls to motors, HVAC, and other equipment;
- Installing fire alarm, security, lighting control, data/telecom, and energy management systems;
- Mounting panel boards, transformers, switch gear, transfer switches, and other various types of equipment;
- Troubleshooting and repairing all systems.